About Our School
St James CE Primary School is a Voluntary Aided school.
The school serves the local community and all children are encouraged to learn to live together and to treat other people with care and consideration. St James’ is a church school and Christian values are embedded within the school ethos and curriculum. The main part of St James CE Primary School was built, by the parishioners in 1907. The School is a good example of a Victorian styled building and still retains many of its original features.
The school consists of 7 classrooms, 3 resource rooms, an intervention room, a staff room, a main administration office, the Head teacher’s office, a hall, (inclusive of a dining hall), a kitchen, a library and a caretaker’s office. The school is fortunate enough to have a playground for each Key Stage and a large playing field, which incorporates our woodland area.